6.17.2012

Daddy



20 minutes before I was about to get married, my family gathered their things and headed out to the beach to wait for the ceremony.  I was left alone in the room with just my dad.  I walked over and gave him a huge hug, trying my hardest not to cry.  He gave me a squeeze and told me I looked beautiful.  I felt a twinge of sadness, knowing that a big chapter of my life was over and I was moving on to a different part of my life.

  My dad has always been there for me, inspiring me and silently encouraging me to do my best.  They say that the man you marry has many of the same qualities and characteristics of your dad.  Even though Bobby and my dad are different, the things that first attracted me to Bobby are things that I admire most about my dad. Caring, loving, hardworking.  Always putting others first. 

As I walked down the beach, I held tightly onto my dad.  He said something to make me laugh and I began to relax. And although I will depend on Bobby now for those day to day questions, crises, and challenges, I will always be my daddy's little girl.

Thank you for everything-
Happy Father's Day!

1 comment: