1.10.2015

Row Row Row Your Boat

Over the last month, I have been coordinating the move of a very old canoe.  

All part of a days work, I say.
 :)

I just received our radiocarbon dates back the other week and it is exciting that it has been dated to AD 1150-1250 (that is the date that the tree was cut down).

My Collections Assistant and I have spent several days on our hands and knees, carefully and slowly brushing and vacuuming up years and years of dust, cobwebs, and lizard bones.  The canoe will sit proudly on the Brighton Reservation and begin another chapter of its very long life.

A video of our cleaning escapades to entertain you on this fine Saturday!




3 comments:

  1. Amazing! :) You really do have an extraordinary job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That really nice that it can be displayed at headquarters, where it should be.

    ReplyDelete