12.22.2009

"Christmas Time is Here, Happiness and Cheer"


Only 3 more days till Christmas!  It is my favorite time of year.  I love everything about it, the music, the smells, the traditions, and the sparkling lights.  



It is such a magical time, especially Christmas Eve.  It begins with a candlelit service at church, where we all get to hold a little white candle.  It is such a peaceful and beautiful sight to see all the little flickering lights and the glow around everyone's faces.  It is so quiet  and I know everyone is thinking about the real Christmas gift.


My favorite Christmas Eve service was when we stepped outside the church and it started snowing!  It was so beautiful with the tiny flakes floating down and the yellow tint in the sky.

When we get home, we eat lots of good food, drink egg nog and cider and sit around playing games and laughing.  When its time to go to bed there is always an excitment in the air, even though we are all grown up!  As we head off to bed, our tree and all of its glory sparkles its colorful lights in the darkness.

Now we will go to bed and wait for Santa.  I don't really remember the day I stopped believing, but I still love the story and the idea of such a magical night. 

"How does Santa make it around the ENTIRE world in one night?" 

"What happens if there is no snow for Santa's sleigh?"

The answer of course is Magic!

Only at this time of year do we let ourselves get carried away by the sounds and feelings of Christmas!  This year I get to spend Christmas back home with my family and I am looking forward to enoying a peaceful, sparkling night.

1 comment:

  1. Instead of counting the days until you come, I am counting the hours.

    ReplyDelete