9.11.2011

The newest member of our family

Cornelius Redente-Macuen


The newest member to our family, a baby red-eared slider.  I adopted him the other day from a co-worker who had found him swimming in her pool.  The Research Assistant at the museum is an expert on reptiles and took him home for a few days to make sure he was healthy.  He is only a few months old and needed a good home so he wouldn't be eaten by an alligator.  I've always wanted a turtle, ever since I read the book Eloise who had a pet turtle named Skipperdee.

 On a journey across the living room
 After weeks of research, we finally set up his home, which is outside on our screened-in back porch.   
 
Today while Bobby and I watched a Saturday movie, Cornelius kept us company on the couch.  He is pretty darn cute!

He got a lot of exercise climbing the "mountain"

Afterward he got tuckered out and took a little rest in my armpit

Welcome Cornelius!

4 comments: