9.01.2011

Tear drops on my keyboard

It's still raining...5 straight days now.  It kind of fit my mood today.  I've always been taught to be professional at all times at work and to work my hardest no matter what the circumstance.  Today I just couldn't take it anymore.  The stress and the workload is overwhelming and tomorrow is going to be a very tough day.  I felt my head spinning and my eyes beginning to water as my brain tried to wrap around my mile long list of things to do.  I couldn't go outside to clear my mind because, well yes, it was raining.  So I just put my head down on my desk and laid there for a few minutes.  I didn't care who was walking by or if anyone thought I had just fallen over and died at my keyboard.  I wanted to crawl underneath my desk and stay there forever.  I'm tired.  I feel worn out and like my life is a little bit out of control.  Ever feel that way? Its pretty obvious as I look around my room right now at the mountain of laundry and cluttered heap of things.  Couldn't I just crawl into bed and sleep till November?

But I guess I can't do that.  I'll have to pull myself out of bed tomorrow and be the hardworking person I know I am.  I'm looking forward to my three days off, catching up on my actual life because in the end work is just that: Work.  And my life should be more than stress and chaos. I think I'll go find Bobby and see if he will scratch my back while I watch an episode of The Office.  A good solution to a rainy day.

 

2 comments: