1.27.2012

Teacher

I remember when I was an intern (oh so long ago!).  I was lucky enough that each experience was great and my assigned tasks never included getting coffee for the boss.  
I have 3 interns right now and last fall I got to help teach an Archaeology Lab Methods class for 15 undergrads.  Its been a big learning experience working with students and I hope that I am able to provide my interns with a good foundation and understanding for collections and preservation.  Its a neat thing to walk over and see someone accomplishing something that you got to teach them!  Sometimes I think that teaching might be in my future. 
Molding the minds of future museum workers and anthropologists :)

Teaching students how to make a support mount for an artifact (a.k.a. learning how to not cut off your finger while using a serrated knife to cut foam)

A student hangs on my every word as I teach them the ways of the lab
:)

2 comments: