9.30.2012

Bangs

Sometimes I wonder how I graduated from kindergarten.  I don't think I ever fully grasped the appropriate uses of scissors.  I should always be fully supervised when using them, especially when I'm bored.  

I've taken on a horrible habit of cutting my own hair.  Its just really hard for me to justify spending $40 dollars for someone to cut away my split ends.  Although, usually when I look into the mirror after a scissor attack I can justify it.

Sometimes I will ask my dear husband to cut my hair.  He sits me down outside on the stool and cuts one hair at a time, petrified that he will do some serious damage.  There have been only a few times where the word "oops" has escaped from his lips and I am paralyzed with fear that there is a giant hole showing my scalp.  

I have luckily avoided some major mishaps and have even complimented myself on such a great job of putting in my very own (and perhaps slightly uneven) layers.  

The other week I was bored and there was a pair of scissors sitting on the desk and before I knew it I had bangs.  It may have not been the wisest decision in a state with 100% humidity, but I am embracing the new look! 


  

2 comments: