11.19.2013

hello.

Life has been busy lately and looking back over the past month I'm not even sure what I've been up to--all I know is that every evening I am exhausted and find myself crawling into bed earlier and earlier each night.  

We've had a few cool days here, but it seems to go in sporadic cycles and the last few days have felt more like July than November.  It makes me homesick.

My sister and I turn 29 on Saturday.  Last year was the first in many that I actually got to spend my birthday with her.  It was glorious!  This year will be back to our separate celebrations and most likely spending hours on Skype, pretending that we aren't really 2,000 miles away.

Bobby and I are always in a constant debate on whether Fall or Spring is better.  He loves the warmer weather of Spring, the brown turning to green.  I love the relief from the heat, the rainbow of colors falling from the trees.  Each one though is fleeting and always gives my life a timeout, a reset.  I always find Autumn to be the time when I need regrouping and change.

Here are a few snapshots of life lately

+
+
+

 Conference Time: Speaking at the Southeastern Archaeological Conference in Tampa, FL

 Dog sitting Ms. Bailey


Neighborhood sunrise- on my way to work

 Afternoon walk on the boardwalk


 Proof! It was below 80 degrees

 One lonely fall leaf

 Driving home from work- a beautiful sunset over the Everglades

 What's the one bad thing about having curly hair and resuming my walks during lunch?  Giant bugs get caught in your hair for unknown amounts of time.  yuck!

 Went to my first Ethiopian Restaurant during my conference.  Not bad!

Ended my trip to Tampa with a visit to my friend and college roommate and their newest addition to their family-- precious!

1 comment:

  1. It's been a busy week. Glad it's cooled off a little. Were expecting snow on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete