11.20.2013

quiet time

Do you ever just have those days where you feel like curling up and staying hidden from the world for just a little bit?  I feel like this week has been a struggle, emotionally.  My anxiety has been in full throttle and I feel especially homesick with my birthday coming up and not being able to spend it with my sister.  

I laid on the couch tonight with the lights on low and my new Nordic Pine candle flickering away.  I felt like I was young again, lying on the navy blue couch with the little white dots in our living room.  I have very distinct memories of dark, winter nights when I wasn't feeling well, or just needed a little rest before dinner and my mom would let me lie on the couch with the brown and white blanket.  The only lights on would be from the kitchen, and I would quietly lie there, listening to the sounds of dinner being prepared.  I would eventually hear the garage door open and hear my dad come in from the laundry room, walking through the kitchen and stopping by the couch on his way to drop off his briefcase.  He would gently rub my head as he walked by.  It was such a comforting feeling.

Tonight I laid on the couch, cuddled up in my own brown blanket and watched Bobby doing dishes in the kitchen.  I love that such a mundane task can bring me such comfort and it was exactly what I needed to bring a little peace to my heart.


1 comment:

  1. I will miss not having you home too. But we'll be together in thoughts. I'm glad you have happy memories.

    ReplyDelete