3.10.2010

Have a Magical Day!

This weekend Bobby and I went up to Orlando.  Our friends Melissa and Makenzie were running in the Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon.  It was so wonderful to see them... to see familiar faces, and to be around people who we love.

We spent Saturday catching up around the pool and going to their expo so they could pick up their race numbers.  There we were surrounded by a million women all wearing tiaras and glitter.  This lady even asked Bobby how it felt to be the only guy around! Everyone was getting excited for their race.

Sunday was spent going to the finish line where both Mel and Makenzie finished with awesome times!  I'm pretty sure I would have made it 1/2 a mile before collapsing into a heap of exhaustion and Tarzan would have had to drag me off to the side.  Afterwords we spent the rest of the day in the Magic Kingdom.  The minute I walked through the gates a flood of memories came back and I was 5 years old again.  When we were on the Haunted Mansion ride I remembered so clearly the ghosts who are dancing in the ballroom.

We all had a great time and we were exhausted by the end.  I was even somehow forced to ride Space Mountain and Thunder Mountain which I was proud of myself for because I am terrified of roller coasters.  It was so wonderful to spend the day in a fantasy land where everything is perfect (minus the 3,000 temper tantrums we witnessed).  But what made it even better was spending the day with my friends.    

Epcot

Jessica and Melissa

Snow White also ran...as a man

Modeled after Down Town Fort Collins!

Yes there was dancing!

The one who started it all

Enjoying the scenary

Me and Makenzie 

mmmm turkey

Thunder Mountain

Speed Racers


As we left the park we heard the loud speaker yell "Have a Magical Day!"  It was.

1 comment:

  1. It sure does look like fun. I'm ready to go back anytime.

    ReplyDelete