3.01.2010

Snake Road

Snake Road is the main road that feeds into the Big Cypress Reservation.  It takes about 20 minutes from the time we exit off I-75 to get to the THPO office.  It is a beautiful drive, with pastures and palm hammocks surrounding the roads.  There is a canal that follows the road the whole way into town which is where you can always spot the alligators in the early morning and late afternoon.  The road is a very windy two lane road.  

Turtle Crossing

Hence the name Snake Rd.

I usually drive in the morning, while my co-workers are passed out (they are not morning people).  I get to enjoy the quiet morning commute with my coffee and the sun coming up, making the sky glow a pinkish orange.


2 comments:

  1. I wish my drive was beautiful...I drive by pawn shops and dollar stores. My drive to Kersey was beautiful like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the name aurora is decieving

    ReplyDelete