10.20.2011

Beautiful Day

Today was the most perfect fall day!  It was cool and breezy.  The sun was finally out after 4 straight days of rain.  I took a break this afternoon on the porch with my cup of not so perfect "communal work kitchen" coffee and enjoyed the scenery.  There was an unusually cheerful mood at work, everyone was loving the world today!


Life is pretty amazing and the older I get the more I realize this.  I don't believe that life can be perfect for too long.  Something always goes wrong and turns your life upside down.  But we are surrounded by perfection and perfect moments and that makes life a little bit more wonderful.  The sky, the ocean, the mountains.  All perfect.  I believe that God made the world and then kissed his fingers, raising them into the air and then grandly shouted, "Bello Mondo!" (beautiful world!)

Yes.  It is a beautiful world.



2 comments: