10.10.2011

Big Cypress Fun Day

A few weeks ago we all got an e-mail about upcoming "Fun Day" on the rez.  This is a time for the entire community and all departments to get together for some relaxation and fun.  Sometimes its a carnival, sometimes its flag football.  This time around it was volleyball.  My office got a team ready and were prepared to be the champions of all departments.  There were matching sweatbands and team spirit and a lot of awkwardness seeing people in shorts that you never see in shorts.

 I was a cheerleader in the bleachers.  I did my part and clapped at the appropriate times.  I'm not much of a team sports enthusiast and I get a little embarrassed when people get all excited about things such as volleyball and winning, but I cheered on my office and supported the THPO Terminators.


Unfortunately they got beat pretty bad (I won't embarass anyone by announcing the score) but they gave it a great effort.  I also won't mention that they got beat by Team Seniors...

2 comments:

  1. Looks like an activity from "the Office", but hopefully, without the antics and drama!

    ReplyDelete