2.25.2013

A New Face

I'm not a very crafty person.  I enjoy the idea of DIYs and taking something old and making it new again.  But I have been a little bored recently and decided to work on giving our little dresser a face lift.  I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to do, except that it needed to be repainted.  The dresser was passed down from one of Bobby's old roommates and has never really gone with any of our furniture.  Its dark blueish/purple color would have gone better in a little boys room!



I finally decided on a bright teal.  Lafonda Teal to be exact!  I wanted something bold and a little tropical looking.  Last weekend Bobby and I headed to Lowe's and picked out our paint and I got right to work.  I only have a few more coats on one more side and then it should be done. 



I am planning on purchasing these new dresser knobs to replace the big wooden round ones!


As soon as its finished I'll post a final photo!  

2 comments:

  1. I love the new color and the knobs are going to be bright and tropical. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty color! I can't wait to see it when it's finished!

    ReplyDelete