3.23.2013

Good Morning

Spring has left and those early days of summer have arrived.  I am sad to see such a short lived spring...Come back!  I have to admit that I was never a fan of the season growing up.  I didn't like that the world still looked dead and gray and the air was cold and windy.  It felt empty and alone.  I remember longing for the greenness and warmth of summer.  I guess here in Florida spring takes on a different feeling, like early summer in Colorado. 


I love how no matter where I have lived, those early summer mornings have felt the same.  Colorado, Texas, Italy, Florida.  I live for familiarity.  There is always a feeling of peacefulness, the sound of the neighborhood birds chirping at the rising sun, the long shadows across the floor, a slight breeze.  

Good Morning Florida

Bobby will sleep for another few hours and I will have the place to myself.  I like to open the porch door, to let the fresh air in.  Little lizards scamper across the porch, looking for a morning snack and the perfect sunning spot.  I've made a promise to myself that this weekend my mornings will be spent doing something other than watching Netflix.  I need to enjoy the quiet, let my mind wander, read a book.


Happy weekend to all!

2 comments:

  1. Mornings are my favorite too! Such a pretty picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you spent some of that time talking to me!

    ReplyDelete