3.27.2013

Something Old...

I love my job.  Holding something in my hands that hasn't been held since it was "lost" or "discarded".  Unburied from its home of 3,000 years.  Its a neat feeling.  Most of the collection I work with is old, I mean really really old.  But every once in a while we get in artifacts that are historic, dating between 50-100 years ago.  I love these the most.  The stories they tell, the pictures they paint in my head are endless.  Sometimes an artifact won't tell us much and sometimes it opens doors to understanding an incredible amount of history.  I often wonder if anything of mine one day will end up in a museum collection or will be found by someone in the future.  Will the object tell them anything about me?  Will they be able to understand my life, what I did, and where I lived?  

Silver Bracelet, historic Seminole Camp

I recently photographed this artifact for the collection.  I wonder what this bracelet's story is?  

1 comment: