8.11.2013

Home

It always takes awhile for a new place to feel like home.  We've been at our current place for almost a year now and I finally feel like I have things the way I like them.  I'm still looking for a few new (or old) treasures to fill a wall in the living room and bedroom, but overall I think its coming together.  After deciding that we would stay here for one more year before either buying a house or potentially moving out of Florida, it has made me want to finish up some of my lingering decor dilemmas.

Somedays I just can't pinpoint my style.  I like so many different things and while I enjoy the eclectic look, I still want it to feel cohesive.  Any new purchase I try to think about how it will fit with the rest of my home and if it is something I truly love.  If it is, I will find a way to make it meld with everything else!  I wish I was a decorating guru and had the time to scour the thrift stores for bargains, but I think overall I do pretty well with limited time and budget!

I found a few new things this weekend to help add some finishing touches to our living room.  Our place is quite small so I'm also trying to de-clutter to keep things simple while still making it feel homey and like us.

A new vase to sit on top of Bobby's parent's old wooden crates:


Two new baskets for our cubby bookcase turned entry table.  I've been looking for something to break up the dark wood and all my knick knacks.  I have a soft spot for all things "industrial" and thought these were a good balance!


Something soft and white to contrast our new leather chair


I'm also looking at finding or making a tablecloth for our table.  Our table is still in great condition, but I'm not sure it fits my style anymore.  A tablecloth may just be the perfect cheap solution!

Here are some fabric swatches I am eyeing

+
+
+

 Waverly Carino/ Azure

 Waverly Carino/ Buttercup

Bohemian Swirl Pumice 

Tommy Bahama Fantasy Foliage Shoreline

What do you think?


2 comments:

  1. I like what you've done. I like the last 3 pieces of fabric the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks really great! Did I read that right about your "potential" move home??? :)

    ReplyDelete