8.31.2013

Refresh

We have an antique side table passed down from Bobby's parents.  Its a little sad looking, a bit beat up and its been through a few "oops I forgot the coaster".  Its a lovely little table so I wanted to try and put some life back into it.  I tried a little DIY project to help return the shine and remove some of the scratches.  I think it worked pretty well!  It may take a few go arounds to keep it nice and shiny, but I can see it coming backing to life.

+
+
+

1/2 cup olive oil
1/8 cup of white vinegar

Mayonnaise on the water marks (left for a few hours)


Tomorrow I am bound and determined to finish another DIY project I started months ago!  Re-doing an old coffee table for the back porch.  I'm never very good at these types of projects and I usually start them and never finish, but I really want to freshen up our porch so we can actually enjoy the space come fall and winter.  

Other than that my 3 day weekend is consisting of the following
+Relaxation
+Laundry, Laundry and more laundry
+Cleaning
+Finishing touches to my presentation for an upcoming conference
+Possibly taking a trip to Ikea to look for a new bed (!)
+A visit to the Fruit and Spice Park on Monday

That should keep me nice and busy--


Happy holiday weekend to everyone!

2 comments: