9.08.2013

$7 Art

I don't like to have empty walls in my house.  I love collecting art and photographs and being able to enjoy them, hanging all around me.  We've have this huge empty wall above our television and for over a year I couldn't find anything to put on that wall.  Everything I found was completely out of my price range because of the size I was looking for.  

Before

I've always been fond of the more industrial/loft look (Restoration Hardware is my dream store) and have seen some cool examples of "unfinished" art i.e. non framed.  The idea started to grow on me and I thought if I could just find a print I loved then I could hang it using other non traditional methods without spending hundreds of dollars on a frame.  Then I saw the Pintrest pin floating around about how a woman went to Staples and was able to print a 3' x 4' black and white print for 7 dollars using their Engineering Prints.  Yes this is what I needed! 

Bobby and I headed off to Staples yesterday after finding a print we both really liked.  I didn't have any photos I had taken myself that I wanted to use so I started looking online.  I found this great website Unsplash that has beautiful high resolution images and all for free.

Staples printed it for me and as the lady was handing me my reciept she asked, "Did you get this idea from Pintrest?"  haha!

We just hung as is, not going through the hassle of framing or gluing to a giant piece of particle board.  I'm pretty pleased with the results!  And if one day I finally find the most perfect piece of art then I won't feel bad for taking this one down!



 We used the clear reinforcement labels to prevent any possible tears from the nail




2 comments: