9.05.2013

Jury Duty.

Last weekend at the Fruit and Spice Park, Homestead FL

Work has taken up so much of my spare time the past week and on top of the crazy I am busy preparing for an upcoming conference next week.  At this point I'm asking myself why on earth I decided it would be a grand ol' idea to present and lead a session...yeah yeah something about professional something or other.  Then the worst of the worst happened.  I got selected for jury duty.  yuck.  10 years of luck finally wore out.  My jury duty date is of course the day before I present at my conference so I'm hoping that I can find just a little more luck to help me not get selected for a two day stint, making 8 months of planning all for not.

  Fingers crossed. 
Knock on wood.
  
Luckily my director has graciously offered to be my stand in, but I still can't shake the nervous feeling in my stomach.  I have to say, I feel like I am waiting for my fate to be decided on Tuesday.  I will at least get to enjoy some time with the upstanding citizens of southern Florida and this in and of itself will make me feel like I'm doing pretty well in my life.  I'm sure though I will be picked just because I do not do any of the following:

1.  drugs
2.  sell chickens, watermelons, or mangos out of the trunk of my car
3.  Sacrifice animals in my yard or practice Vodou 
4.  Own a confederate flag
5. Gone to jail

We'll see what happens.  Until then I'm just truckin' along.











2 comments: