7.04.2014

4th of July!

Happy Independence Day to all!

Bobby and I are spending a quiet day at home and will most likely venture out later to see some music and fireworks!

But before I head off to soak up some summery sunshine, I though I'd leave you with two of my favorite July 4th memories.

1.

I was in second grade and one of my best friend's family had just gotten a cat.  My friend had told me at school that day that they named her July because her birthday was on July 8th.  As my family sat around the dinner table that night, I brought up the exciting news my friend had shared with me earlier that day.  I remember sitting there thinking how great it was that they named her July and how cool it would be if her birthday was on the 4th of July!
Without thinking, I excitedly asked my family, "Is the 4th of July ever on the 8th?"

Oh how badly I wanted my friend's cat's 8th of July birthday to be our nation's birthday too, but alas it wasn't meant to be.  My family has never let me forget this.
:)


2.
A few years ago I surprised my family on the 4th of July!  I sneakily flew across the country and with the help of my trusted older sister made my way to my parent's house where the rest of the family was gathered.  She snuck me into the backyard and out I popped behind the house to everyone's surprise.  It was seriously one of the best moments ever, especially when I saw the look of utter disbelief turn into tears and laughter!


Not to mention we also found out on this day that my older sister was having a little boy (Sanford!)



2 comments:

  1. I think that was the most amazing moment ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's one of my all time favorite happenings!

    ReplyDelete