7.17.2014

Summer Twilight

Twilight.
One of my most favorite words, long before it was synonymous with love struck vampires.

There is nothing quite like seeing a room begin to glow early in Twilight.  Tonight, as I mindlessly checked my nightly ritual websites, I saw the curtains take on a peach colored hue.  

I hurried outside, eager to take in the last bits of light that splattered across the sky.  What is it about this time of day that give me such tranquility?  I found myself all alone outside with just me and a fading light.  The damp grass tickled my bare feet and my toes squished into the soft earth.

I took a deep breathe and within a blink of an eye the sun had gone to sleep.

I came back inside and immediately realized the all too familiar itch beginning on my feet, caused by hungry mosquitoes.  But for once I didn't care because for a brief moment I was a summer goddess, blessed with warmth and contentment from the blushing light.







1 comment: