7.10.2014

why you shouldn't wear spanx in the summer.

Today I spent most of the work day in Miami.  It was lovely. We had a site visit to an incredible archaeological site right smack dab in the heart of downtown Miami. 
My future apartment building which overlooks the Bay...I wish.
My co-workers chatting about the site
Usually during consultations or meetings we are strongly encouraged to wear our awesome work shirts with our office logo displayed gigantically over my left boob.  While many of my work shirts are polos (and I do love myself a polo), they are not that flattering. I'm still not at my ideal weight and tend to have some confidence issues with my stomach area so I decided that I would pull out my trusty spanx to help me feel better about having to wear my work shirt today.
Note to All:
If you live in an area that gets above 95 degrees and 100% humidity and have to stand outside at an archaeological site for 3 hours don't wear spanx. 
Just don't do it.
While your silhouette may be seamless, you will be miserable and it will take every ounce of you to not peel them off in the on-site bathroom  porta-potty and stuff them into your purse.


Lesson learned.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the warning...too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well heeded message. Hoprfully, extra calories were burned peeling spandex off in close quarters. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete