3.01.2015

Oh Weekend.


This weekend has been lazy.  Not necessarily that I have been sitting on the couch doing nothing, but more that I couldn't seem to make myself do anything productive.  I must have looked at my Frida Kahlo eyebrows a least a dozen times but just couldn't bring myself to care enough to pluck that mess.  

 I awoke yesterday morning to heavy rains that battered against the windows- too much anger for a Saturday morning if you ask me.  The clouds hung low for most of the day until the evening when I was picked up by a friend for  our other friend's birthday party.

We hit the town to help my sweet friend celebrate her 30th birthday.  She admitted to having a panic attack the other day, thinking about turning the big 3-0.  I remember feeling only slightly melancholy about the idea, thinking that there were some areas of my life I  was hoping would be a little bit more "together".  But then I forced myself to be still, and to think about all that I had accomplished, like snagging my husband :)

After we left the restaurant, the ridiculously fancy hipster drinks in all of my friend's systems overtook their most logical senses and they were all convinced that we HAD to go dancing.  I smiled and said, "Sure" in my most positive way.  But inside my head I had dramatically dropped to my knees, throwing my head back, yelling to the universe, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

Don't my friends know that I am a closet dancer?  I only dance alone, in the dark, to music I'm pretty sure everyone else hates.



Anyways, it was a fun night, laughing and watching everyone else dance :).  That is until the birthday girl got confused and thought it was her 21st birthday and got sick on the sidewalk in the middle of downtown Fort Lauderdale...

When I finally crawled into bed at 2am, I was exhausted with achy feet.  Bobby was still working and I dragged Aurelia closer to snuggle but she only tolerated my love for 2.5 seconds before leaping off the bed to go about her usual night time ritual.  I lay in bed for only a few minutes, planning my extra unproductive Sunday before sleep overtook my body.   



1 comment:

  1. Hope the birthday girl is feeling better. I could think of a lot better ways to spend my birthday.

    ReplyDelete