2.15.2010

Kate and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Remember that book from when we were kids, Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day?  

That was my day yesterday. 

Everything went wrong, and the more that went wrong the more I felt that this was the the most terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.  Ever have one of those days, where life seems to get chaotic over the smallest things?

I have this thing were sometimes I tend to think that if something isn't perfect than its the end of the world.  I pride myself in being a rational, down to earth person.  But sometimes that all goes out the window.  Especially when I start the morning off stepping on a live cockroach, which led me into a full blown panic attack (just ask my sister who I woke up at 6am hysterically crying) .  I think that's definitely what started my terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.  

This morning I woke up with the sun on my face and the birds chattering outside.  A brand new day where I realize that I am perfectly capable of having a good day, even if one little thing goes wrong.

**I did however make sure I wore my slippers downstairs just in case there was another giant bug trying to ruin my day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment