2.13.2010

No Snow

I just found out that a girl at work has NEVER seen snow!  She has lived in Florida her whole life and never experienced the beautiful scene of cold and sparkly snow.  She is going to Indiana this week to see it for the first time.  Those of us who had grown up with white winters tried to give her some pointers during lunch the other day.  Someone of course warned her of the dangers of yellow snow.  I told her to go sledding and make a snowman.

Of course living in Florida has spoiled me already.  I don't have to scrape my car, or get up 20 minutes early.  I don't have to worry about waking up and seeing that yellowish glow from the sky and know that my commute to work could be somewhat dangerous.

But I miss the Snow!  When it first covers the ground and everything is beautiful again.  When that Colorado sun hits the ground and it looks like diamonds.  Taking snow walks at night and having it be completely quiet.  I think that one day I will eventually drift back to a state with snow, enjoying those winter wonderlands.

 
Backyard in Boulder

 
yellow snow sky

 
Snowman!

 
Snow walks

 
Shhhh...

1 comment: