2.28.2010

So ugly it's cute

Growing up in Colorado, Mallard ducks are a common site.  There was always a pair of ducks that hung around our house every summer and fall.  My mom named them Donald and Daisy.

The other day I went to check the mail and as I walked back to the front door I felt like someone was following me.  I turned around and out from under a car waddled three ducks.  They followed me back to our front yard and made themselves at home.  But unlike the Mallards, they are not the prettiest crayon in the box.

However, also unlike the Mallards they were very friendly!  They followed Bobby and I around and we fed them some bread and then they tried to walk into the house.  We see them around from time to time and I am trying to come up with some good names.  Donald and Daisy are just too prissy and proper for them!     



2 comments: