8.14.2010

bzzzz

I crawled into bed around 3pm this afternoon.  I am almost finished with my book Lucky You by Carl Hiaasen (he writes about all the quirks and weirdos of South Florida--so I can relate) and I am eager to find out the ending!

The thunder started and I could see the clouds rolling in.  My eyes got droopy and I felt myself nodding off for a nice afternoon nap.

Bzzzz

My eyes popped open. 

BZZZZZZZZZZ       

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I jumped out of bed, grabbing a shoe from the floor.  My eyes slowly made their way around the room, searching for the evil bug that was disturbing my lazy afternoon.

Then I saw IT.  A large wasp trying to escape through the closed window.  My shoe was no match for his giant stinger.  I ran down the stairs almost tripping over the "take upstairs pile".  I ran smack dab into the corner of the kitchen counter, but even that didn't stop me from grabbing the can of RAID.  I sprinted upstairs, holding my bruised side to find the wasp now prancing around the windowsill, acting like he owned the place. 

For a moment I felt bad.  But it only took a moment to sweep the guilt aside, shake the can of RAID and fire. 

Don't be fooled by the little black blob.  It was more than likely a Killer Bee

Now the rain has officially started and I am off to enjoy an uninterrupted afternoon nap.

1 comment: