8.04.2010

Thats not natural

I spent the afternoon on the Florida Atlantic University campus in Boca Raton.  If you've never heard of FAU don't feel bad.  There are only 5,000 universities in South Florida.  I was meeting a professor there to talk about zooarchaeology collections.  Don't be jealous!

As I was walking by the manicured tropical flowers and palm trees I reminisced about my college campus, the beautiful University of Colorado in Boulder.  Remembering my college days, the classes, my friends, the buildings, the secret study areas in the library, the smells and sounds.  Sometimes I miss those days.

I also remember all the campus wildlife...mostly the squirrels who weighed 20 pounds and on more than one occasion bullied me out of my afternoon snack.  I started looking around the campus for any Florida squirrels (they are tiny and gray) when I saw this thing moving slowly across the sidewalk

****

  Not exactly your typical campus critter

I also noticed that there wern't any students enjoying the shade of the trees.  I used to sit under trees on campus all the time and read.  Maybe it's because of the fire ants.. or possibly the giant iguanas passing through on their way to their Biochemistry class.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe it's their school mascot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How random is that? I would probably freak out if I saw that while I was studying. I suppose you get used to it :)

    ReplyDelete