1.09.2013

Mele Kalikimaka


Mele Kalikimaka is the thing to say 
On a bright Hawaiian Christmas Day 
That's the island greeting that we send to you 
From the land where palm trees sway 
Here we know that Christmas will be green and bright 
The sun to shine by day and all the stars at night 
Mele Kalikimaka is Hawaii's way 
To say "Merry Christmas to you." 

I know there are only remnants left of the Christmas season, but I thought it better late than never to post a few pictures!  Although I did not spend Christmas on a beautiful Hawaiian island, it felt a little like it being here in South Florida. Bobby and I spent a quiet Christmas with palm trees swaying and 80 degree weather.

It was a bit strange to be away from Colorado this year and I felt a little sad knowing I wouldn't be coming down the stairs Christmas morning to a house full of my family and crisp white snow on the ground.  But Bobby and I tried our hardest to make it feel as Christmas-y as possible despite the lack of chill in the air.

We enjoyed a peaceful day, eating good food, opening gifts, and playing with our new Roku.  Maybe next year we will be singing White Christmas instead!




  Off to a friend's Christmas party

  Making homemade sauce: my dad's secret receipe

    Christmas breakfast                        


Bobby is really good at opening presents :)

Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you keep the traditions alive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we had the same Christmas morning breakfast!! ~Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete