1.23.2013

It's that time of year again!

It's Archaeology Time!!

My office hosted our last and final Archaeology Day with the Museum.  It is always a stressful event, but in the end I love seeing the 4th and 5th graders excited about what we do.  I even went to Michaels the night before to buy some new and exciting artifacts for the kids to find during their excavation.  This year we also decided to only open it up to the tribal schools which was great!

Learning about artifacts with me in the "lab"! yea!



We lucked out with cool weather that morning and it was nice to spend most of the day outside enjoying the winter breeze.  We only had one little boy who told me repeatedly that this was "sooooo boring" and "I wish I had my ipad!" I just smiled at him and was glad that he was not looking at his ipad and flipping fake pages of a book or watching cartoons.  He was exploring and thinking and touching real things.  I have a feeling that even though this was the most boring day of his whole entire life! he will remember his field trip to the Museum, learning about his culture and how for a few hours he got to be an archaeologist.
:)

3 comments:

  1. Wish we had been there, Elizabeth and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Hi Boring! I'm Jessica!" haha :) I wish I could have been there to help!

    ReplyDelete