9.28.2015

Total Eclipse of My Heart...


I got to watch the eclipse last night with Bobby.  We stood in our street, staring up into the not so dark sky, busy with airplanes.  In the midst of such a large metropolis, we don't get to enjoy the bright stars very often and I realized how few times I look up into the night sky these days.  But last night was a real treat to see the shadow pass over before my very eyes.

Bobby stayed outside, taking photos of the super blood moon eclipse while I took cover inside to douse my swollen mosquito bitten feet with Benadryl.  I am longing for winter...

As I was watching the moon, the lyrics to "Total Eclipse of my Heart" came into my head.  I smiled because the song (the version with Meatloaf of course) always reminds me of my friend Jeremy.  I stared at the moon and thought of him, and my family and other friends who have passed on into a new life.  I wonder what a lunar eclipse looks like from heaven.


4 comments: