11.14.2009

eeek!

My new job is great.  However, I feel like I have no idea what I am doing sometimes.  It seems like everyday I am given a new project, a new task, something more to take on.  I was told the other day that if the money is found I get to have a research assistant.

Boss: "Have you ever hired anyone before Kate?"
Kate: "uhh nope."
Boss:  "Its easy, you just have to write the job description, go through all the applications, pick your top candidates, come up with your interview questions, do the phone interviews, pick your top candidates, have them come to Florida, do another interview, be their supervisor, and save the world"
Kate: "umm ok"
Boss: "Don't worry it won't take up too much of your time..."

I have 1 million projects that have been put under me since I've started.  I am  however proud of myself for being organized and staying on top of things. But this also means I have 1 million new file folders sitting on my desk.

I have had to learn the new lingo and to try and understand the archaeologists' jargon.

"Don't forget about the SFS.  You'll have to add it to the APR and then make sure that you have the GPS and GIS readings and put it into the file folder that deals with the BIA and STOF."

I feel like this squirrel, hanging on for dear life, hoping I don't mess up and that everyone is secretly wondering why they hired me.


I'll just keep on taking one day at a time. And until I get everything under control I'll just keep nodding my head and keep looking forward. 


No comments:

Post a Comment