11.08.2009

I love Fall

This is my favorite time of year.  I am missing the fall colors, the smells, and the crisp air in the mornings.  I have so many distinct memories from when I was younger that revolve around this beautiful time of year.  Playing in the leaves, sitting outside in the sun on a warm afternoon, and eating fall foods like pumpkin cookies and drinking apple cider.  Because there seems to be a lack of this season down here in the sunshine state I have gotten out my only solution to surround myself with that "fallish" feeling.


My Pumpkin Candle!  I have had it lit all day and it smells just like fall.  My mom always burns one this time of year and it has helped me feel a little less homesick and made it feel like a beautfiul fall day.  That is until I looked out the front window at the palm tree...

3 comments:

  1. Maybe we should have a seaside candle to make us feel closer to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't forget about what you're gladly missing out on, scraping frost, being cold, driving through ice and snow Now you just have to learn how to live through a hurricane (if you hold on tight to a tree you won't blow away)

    ReplyDelete