11.22.2009

Quarter of a Century

Tomorrow is my 25th Birthday!  Its hard to believe that I have been alive for 25 years and still have 75 years left!  The past 25 years have been wonderful.  I have been blessed with an amazing family and friends and have been able to experience so many great and unique things in my life.  The past few birthdays have been a little sad, not being able to spend them with my twinnie but thank goodness for phones and the internet!

Today, Bobby is taking me to the movies for an early celebration and tomorrow we are cooking a nice dinner and my real birthday present is that I finally get to set up our little Christmas tree!!  I've had to be patient because I was ready to set it up two weeks ago.

Turning 25 is a big deal.  I finally feel somewhat like a grown up, but i have to admit there are days that I still feel like a teenager.  I am learning to do things on my own and to be successful and do what I love to do.


Here is a list of 25 of some of my most favorite memories over the past 25 years ( in no particular order).  Most of them are very random and may seem insignificant in the grand scheme of things, but they keep me smiling and loving life.

1.  I spent a summer in Italy.  It was beautiful! I met two amazing friends who are still a big part of my life and we ate gelato every single day (and sometimes more)

2.  Snow Walks.  My family takes these at night after a snow storm.  Silent Night

3.  My sophomore year of high school my orchestra traveled to Germany.  We played in a church that was hundreds of years old and the sound was incredible.

4.  Freshman year of college.  I lived on my own, met 5 wonderful friends, and lived in the coolest dorm at CU

5.  Christmas Eves.   Christmas is my favorite holiday so every Christmas has great memories.  But Christmas Eve is my favorite time.  The Christmas tree at night is MAGICAL

6.  Estes Park.  A few months ago the whole family went up and spent a few nights in Estes Park before Bobby and I left for Florida.  It was a perfect mountain memory.

7.  Driving to Diamond Rock with Martin and Jess.  We sometimes took picnics up to Diamond Rock along the Poudre, a place our family would go in the summer.  We would take the BMW and listen to Natalie Merchant and eat Subway sandwiches.

8.  Camping with the Family

9.  Sitting on the bed, talking with my sisters

10.  Glenwood Springs.  Almost every Spring Break growing up we would go to Glenwood Springs and soak in the hot springs

11.  AUSTRALIA!  I fed kangaroos, snorkeled in the Great Barrier Reef, and watched shooting stars on the beach

12.  Visiting my Grandparents in Flordia.  We learned how to play scrabble and ate Grandma's yummy food

13.  Visiting my Grandparents in Michigan.  We would run around in their huge backyard and visit all of mom's childhood places

14.  My sisters' weddings.  Both were beautiful and AMAZING.  I'm so happy for both of them.

15.  Playing house in the ditch under the HUGE tree.

16.  Walking home from school in the Fall

17.  Getting my cat Pepper! I remember walking in the door from school in 2nd grade with Jessica and Elizabeth and we realized something black and furry laying on the couch on a pink blanket and we all started screaming!

18.  My friends Makenzie's and Lisa's weddings.  Such a fun time and both were beautfiul!

19.  My mom scratching my back during church

20.  Teaching school in a  1905 school house during the summers.

21.  Re-meeting my best friend Caitlin in junior high.  We went to pre-school together and became the best of friends in 7th grade

22.  Meeting Bobby.  He was playing the piano in my dorm when I first met him and he thought my name was Katie!

23.  Winning a piano competition my senior year of high school at CSU

24.  Playing Badminton during the summers in our backyard.  I may not be athletic but I am awesome at Badminton!

25.  Dance Parties.

Here's to the Next 25 years!


2 comments:

  1. happy birthday sister human!! I hope we can do a few more of those things when you come home for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading your list. Happy Birthday to my beautiful daughter!

    ReplyDelete