6.20.2010

Parents Weekend

These are the times that I hate being so far away.  Yesterday was my mom's birthday and today is Father's Day.  I wish I could be apart of all of the festivities...but I will celebrate here and try and wiggle through the phone to give you both a gigantic hug!

My mom is amazing and I heard she had an amazing birthday!  Full of hamburgers on the grill (tradition), fruit pizza and a little rock band action.  Maybe I'll make a fruit pizza today and help celebrate from cloudy Florida!

**my mom**

Today is Father's Day.  Happy Father's Day Daddy! My dad is the best--I look up to him all the time, trying to figure out how I can be more like him.  He is dedicated and thoughtful and he always knows the right answer.  I hope that I can be as successful as him both with my family and my work.

**my dad**

An Ode to my Parents!
I love you both will all my heart
You pick me up when I fall apart

You push me to always do my best
Even when I'm being a pest

You've taught me how to reach my goals
And to pick up my dirty plates and bowls (well sometimes)

I would not be who I am today
Without your love and wisdom everyday

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the wonderful thoughts. Mom
    Keep picking up those dirty plates and bowls. Daddy

    ReplyDelete