6.01.2010

Weekend o' Fun

One of my best friends came to visit over Memorial Day Weekend.  Laura and I met while standing in line waiting to go through airport security on our way to Italy for the summer.  I had just found out my luggage had been lost (I hadn't even left the country!) and I was so upset that the start of my trip was not going so well.  Laura recognized me in line (we were paired up to be roommates) and told me everything was going to be ok and that she would share all her things with me!

We became instant friends and we spent the next 6 weeks living in our tiny apartment in Perugia, exploring Italy and becoming best friends with Jodi!

Jodi, Laura and Me = Perugia 
Since then, the three of us have tried to see each other at least once a year.  I flew out to D.C. to visit them a few summers ago and last summer they both came out to Denver to visit.  This weekend Laura was able to come relax in the Florida heat and I am planning a trip up to D.C. in August to visit both of them in the city in I love.


I had such a wonderful time, catching up and hearing all about Laura's amazing life as the youngest lobbyist in her D.C. firm.  To me it is so glamorous and I love listening to her stories about all the people she gets to meet.  We spent our time going to the movies, the beach, and the pool--getting sunburned and de-stressing


We love to reminiscence about our trip to Italy.  How amazing life is to put you somewhere at the right time and the right place--  that the three of us were able to meet and become such wonderful friends!


1 comment: