7.28.2010

Lynx

I wasn't feeling very well yesterday so I took the day off to rest and rid myself of my stomachache.  As I was dozing off to sleep my blackberry buzzed loudly in my ear.  I checked my e-mail and read this subject line:

Good Idea Not To Come Into Carpool...

Yes, I thought so myself. 

As I read the e-mail, my whole body started to get goosebumps and I thought I was going to be sick.  My carpool companions had just discovered a GIANT spider on the dashboard.  The best part about it was that the field crew had taken our car out the day before and left the windows down while they were in the field.  So this disgusting thing decided to crawl into the car and wait.  Wait... while I drove the car home the evening before, probably sitting inches from my flip flopped feet. Wait... till everyone wasn't paying any attention to crawl across the dashboard.  A Green lynx spider.

I can honestly tell you that if I had been driving that morning I would have crashed the car into the canal.  Spiders are truly my worst fear and I will start crying the minute I see one. I guess I know why I needed to stay home from work.

Even as I post this picture I have to squint through my half closed eyes.  I can feel it crawling on me

3 comments:

  1. Ewwww! You're so lucky you were sick! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That would have been a big surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man! That thing was big enough to carry you off!

    ReplyDelete