7.25.2010

Tropical STOOOORM!

Red is a very scary color on a map.  Thursday morning the little storm in the Atlantic had turned into a big red blob on the map.  Just what I needed.  We watched it all day and by the afternoon we were bracing for Tropical Storm Bonnie.  I wasn't sure what to expect.   Was it going to be 70 mi/hr winds with horizontal rain?  We were pulled into a meeting Thursday before work ended to tell us all to keep our phones on in case the Tribe closed the reservation. I went home kind of anxious and dreading the drive into work the next morning. 

We ended up getting a lot of rain and luckily the wind stayed down south.  We drove through some pretty heavy rain (like you can't see 10 feet in front of you rain) during rush hour and then endured the rain all day at work.  But for my first major storm I have to say it wasn't that bad.  Although looking back I was so nervous about it I forgot it was Friday until my boss asked me what my weekend plans were at 4:45pm.  Hopefully it will be a quiet season...   

1 comment:

  1. You'll have to keep track of all the storms that come through. 1. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete