12.14.2010

Brrr!

It's FREEZING here!  My poor thin Florida skin is barely surviving in this cold front.  We have been having temperatures in the 20s and 30s in the mornings, a 50 degree difference from a few days ago.  Everyone at work is bundled up to their eyeballs.  The heat in my car is on full blast.  I have extra blankets on the bed and am wearing socks for the first time since last Christmas.  

As I opened the front door this morning to leave for work, the cold air hit my lungs and I started shivering.  But, deep down I was so happy that it finally felt like winter and it smelled a little like Colorado.  So far I haven't seen any comatose iguanas falling out of the trees but its supposed to be another chilly night so we'll see come morning.  

I must admit that I'm a little embarrassed by my new sensitivity to the cold.

Daddy, do you think you could turn the heat up past 68 degrees when I come home?  And maybe we could turn the fireplace on too?  The goosebumps on my arms would greatly appreciate it.

4 comments:

  1. You made me SMILE! If you see the falling iguanas can you post a picture??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I should say be careful what you wish for - remember the comment you left on my fb page a few weeks ago??? It was 66 here today!!!! Julie

    ReplyDelete