12.03.2010

Dance Party

Everyone I know is stressed out.  Must be the holidays and everyone is clearly in need of a break.  Work for me has been particularly stressful and last night I came home and crashed.  I started going through my iTunes and found my favorite songs.  I sat at Bobby's desk in the dark, with his cool earphones that remove all outside sound and listened to the music.

Before I knew it I was having a mini dance party.  All alone, with just the music.  I am the worst dancer in the world but who doesn't love dancing, especially when nobody is watching?

My best friend Caitlin, Jess and I would have dance parties in junior high.  Jess had a black light bulb and we would screw it into her night stand light and turn off all the lights and then practice our dance moves to Backstreet Boys.   Practice makes perfect for those junior high dances!  We would have the best time, laughing and making up new moves.  But the best thing about dance parties is that everything else in your world disappears and pretty soon its just you and the music.  

In my head I am the best dancer in the world.  Or sometimes I am the lead singer in the band.  Either way I am awesome and stress free.  

1 comment:

  1. we can have a dance party when you get home...I have some new great dance songs!

    ReplyDelete