12.02.2010

Wheat Thins Crisis

I've been feeling extra homesick this past week.  It will be 6 months since I last saw Jess and my Dad.  I feel a little sad and have tended to overreact at the drop of a hat.  I think I know the best medicine, but unfortunately I have to wait a few more weeks for some of those famous Redente hugs.  Yesterday morning was the perfect example of my not so perfect behavior:

5:50 Over slept
5:51 Jump out of bed and trip over my shoes and slam my toe
5:52 Realize I don't have time to wash my hair
5:53 Get ready
6:05 Eat Breakfast
6:12 Pack Lunch
6:14 Realize Wheat Thins are missing from the cupboard
6:15 Search for Wheat Thins, because without them I cannot eat my laughing cow cheese
6:20 Run upstairs and wake up Bobby
        Me-  Have you seen my Wheat Thins!?
        Bobby- mghaghghg
        Me- Do you know where they are?
        Bobby- they're gone
        Me- What do you mean they are GONE?
        Bobby- I ate them
        Me- How am I supposed to EAT MY LUNCH!?
6:25 Realize I'm 5 minutes late, run to the door
6:26 Realize my car keys are missing
6:27 Run around like a maniac looking for keys
6:28 Empty purse twice
6:35 Make Bobby wake up again to drive me to carpool
6:38 Find out I left my lunch on the counter
6:39 Have a good cry in the car
6:50 Get dropped off at carpool
6:51 Reach my hand into my purse and feel my keys in the inside pocket

Needless to say Bobby and I had a good laugh about it at the dinner table.  Only 20 days till I am home sweet home.

3 comments:

  1. Prior Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance-Daddy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you had a bad start to the day. Those hugs are waiting for you.

    ReplyDelete