12.14.2010

Ghost Tour and Water Taxis

The other night the Stranahan House in downtown Fort Lauderdale hosted our museum for an evening of wine, ghost tours, and a water taxi ride.  It was such a fun time and the staff at the house museum were very generous and kind.

 
 Stranahan House on the River

The water taxi ride took us through downtown Ft. Lauderdale where we listened to the history of the river and of course the ghosts that haunt the shore line.  We got to see all of the billion dollar mansions that line the river and their gigantic yachts decorated with Christmas lights.

 The captain of the boat




The tour of the Stranahan House was great.  The house was built in 1901 and is full of history.  One of the staff took us through each room and explained the different stories of the house, along with people's personal ghost experiences.  Oooohhhh!

I was the only one who brought a camera so I was given the task to take as many pictures as possible through the tour to see if I could capture something.  To my luck, no creepy faces of children or unexplained orbs appeared in my pictures!

It was a great way to spend a Sunday evening and get out and enjoy the city.

 pretty tree

 My friend Jessica and I

 Bobby enjoying the view

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun evening. It doesn't look too cold there. I hope you're not turning into a wimpy Florida girl.

    ReplyDelete