2.08.2011

Raisins once were happy grapes

I am an anxious worrier.  Justified worries, unjustified worries, you name it I worry about it and then feel anxious about it.  At times it inhibits me from doing what I need to do, is the cause of so many arguments, and sometimes makes me wish I lived in a secret cave, alone.

Coincidentally (or maybe not) the sermon on Sunday was all about worrying.  I listened intently, took feverish notes on scripture and stories.  When I looked down at my notes I realized one main things: I worry too much.   

With the closing prayer, Pastor Steve told us to put our hands on our laps, linking our fingers together.  He then told us to squeeze our hands together as hard as we could.  As we continued to pray, he told us to release the tension, to release all our worries to God.  Its a pretty good feeling when that tension is let go and your hands can relax.  Trust is sometimes a hard thing to do.  I'm going to work on that.

"worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows but empties today of its strength"

2 comments:

  1. I'm a worrier, too. I can identify!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like something we all need to do more. Just think what we would be able to accomplish.

    ReplyDelete