3.16.2011

Cherokee, N.C.

Last week I was in Cherokee, North Carolina for our bi-annual strategic planning meeting.  We decided to go on a retreat, to get away from the office and everyday work.  It was such a great trip.  We met with the Cherokee THPO and I got to meet with some of the Cherokee Museum staff.  They have an amazing museum.  I came away from the trip motivated and inspired.  It was nice to make new contacts and collaborate and share ideas.  The Smoky Mountains were beautiful. They made me miss Colorado, especially when we got some flurries of snow.  The fog hung low on the mountains and they were a deep grey/blue.  Guess thats why they got their name!

 

Smoky Mountains

Archaeological Site: Cherokee

On my way home: Hollywood, FL

1 comment:

  1. It's always nice to go and visit another area of the country. It gives you a better perspective.

    ReplyDelete