3.15.2011

Headaches and Heat

Today I found myself standing in a cow pasture, in my gold ballet flats, swatting giant flies away from my head as I stood staring at a dead and decomposing alligator.  The sun was hot and pounding down on my already aching head and I looked down, wondering how in the world this fit into my job description.

It wasn't accidental that I was here, a coworker thought I might like to look at this lovely animal to see if I wanted the bones for our comparative collection.  I couldn't even begin to think about how I would transport this smelly thing back to the museum.  No thanks, I'll pass. 

My twin sister is coming to visit me in a few weeks.  I can't wait.  It will be the recharging that I need, to be around family and to have someone know me perfectly, exactly how I am.  No pretending or tired smiles.  We are going to sit on the beach, eat macaroni and cheese and peaches, and snuggle.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you didn't dray the alligator back. I know you and J will have a great time.

    ReplyDelete