5.29.2011

Diamonds and Saphires

I went to a few evening events at my conference.  One was at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston were I walked through endless exhibit halls of Monet, Titan, and Pollock.  It was wonderful!

Robert Motherwell!

Jackson Pollock!

The other evening event was at the Houston Museum of Natural Science.  Here I walked through exhibits of dinosaurs, stars, and gems.  
I love gem and mineral exhibits.  I think its because most of the exhibits are dark and the gems and minerals are lit to make everything sparkle.  Its a very romantic exhibit style.


 
  
The Museum also has a long term loan from a couple just north of Houston who have been collecting Faberge for years and had no idea of the significance of what they had.  The curator went to visit their modest house and the woman opened the door wearing jeans, a t-shirt, and this tiara!

Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment