5.26.2011

I'm Back!

I have been gone since Saturday and I am glad to be home.  I am a homebody.  But this week I was gallivanting around Houston.  I went to the American Association of Museums Annual Conference and got to present at a session.  AAM is big.  It is the be all of museum conferences.  I got to see old friends and collegues and catch up on our lives and jobs. 

My session had been planned for 7 months but I was nervous and felt small in a sea of wonderful professionals.  People who have been in the field for 30 years were coming to see my presentation.  When it was my turn to present, I got up to that microphone, took a deep breathe, looked out at the 200 eyes looking at me and somehow spit out my words I had been practicing for weeks. 


My session: Yes we talked about documentation!
I am not the most outgoing person and would rather not talk to 100 people.  But I did it and I am proud of myself.  People listened to what I had to say and  I feel for the first time that I am no longer an "emerging professional".  Look out museum world!

My first grown-up dress (took the photo myself, hence the awkward hand)

4 comments:

  1. Oh, my gosh, you look very professional and cute in your little black dress. Smile

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look like a real live business woman! I wish we could dress like that everyday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEA!! congratulations I am so proud of you!! ~Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. hence indeed. way to go!

    ReplyDelete