5.30.2011

Field School Update

We are in the full swing of Field School.  Its been an exhausting week, but I have really enjoyed being out in the field.  The students have found some amazing things so far and we are all excited to discover more about this site.

The past few days have been hot.  No, that's an understatement.  It's been an oven, slowly cooking us until we are nice and crispy.  The wind has been still and no breeze is never a good sign.  


The air is filled with buzzing, the chatter of birds, and sometimes the distant grunt of an alligator.  I can hear the students off at their units talking "archaeology".  My co-workers are finally satisfied with the dirty condition of my snake boots.  

The Lab
Everyday I have students helping me in our makeshift lab.  I try and teach them about the artifacts they are finding, showing them the difference between one type of pottery and another.

Myself and a Cow

Well I'm off to bed.  The field day starts early!

1 comment:

  1. I love it when you share pictures of what you are doing. I like seeing where you are.

    ReplyDelete