6.09.2011

Field School Update #2


Today was cooler.  There was a nice breeze blowing through the cypress, cooling off the last few days of heat.

The students

Everyone is getting tired and the days are long and exhausting, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  We've found some really amazing artifacts and I am excited to be able to preserve them.  

Next week I get a mini vacation- a 5 day weekend (to make up for my 12 hour days for 10 straight days).  I'm very much looking forward to taking a very very long nap, rubbing Benadryl on all my bug bites, having a foot rub to ease the pain from my snake boots, and let my skin be clean and free of dirt and sweat. I'm also looking forward to looking like a girl again and maybe even brushing my hair and putting on makeup.

Sounds Glorious.

~On another note.  Happy Anniversary to my parents! 38 years!  
A wonderful example for Bobby and I to live by.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you. Have a fun mini vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you tell the students to just walk straight into the everglades and see where they ended up? :)

    ReplyDelete